We STRONGLY encourage Tewksbury residents and anyone visiting Tewksbury to sign-up for Nixle Alerts (people can get the alerts by texting “07830” to “888777” or by going to www.nixle.com), and to follow Tewksbury Police on Facebook at Facebook.com/tewkspd
- EXECUTIVE ORDERS
- Executive Order 103 State of Emergency and a Public Health Emergency Declared
- Executive Order 104 Social Distancing Measures to Mitigate Further Spread of COVID-19
- Executive Order 105 Changes to Upcoming New Jersey Elections
- Executive Order 106 Moratorium on Removals of Individuals Due to Evictions or Foreclosures
- Executive Order 107 Stay at Home Order
- Executive Order 108 Invalidates any county or municipal restriction that conflicts with EO No. 107
- Executive Order 109 All Elective Surgeries, Invasive Procedures Suspended
- Executive Order 110 Child Care Centers Close on April 1 Unless Serving Essential Workers
- Executive Order 111 Health Care Facilities to Report Data On a Daily Basis
- Executive Order 112 Provide Protections for Front Line Health Care Responders
- Executive Order 113 Authorizing Commandeering of Property Such as Medical Supplies
- Executive Order 114 New Jersey Flags to Fly at Half-Staff
- Executive Order 115 Allowing Certain Retirees to Return to Public Employment
- Executive Order 116 Extending Statutory Deadlines for School District Elections
- Executive Order 117 Waiving Student Assessment Requirements for 2019-2020 School Year
- Executive Order 118 Closing State and County Parks
- Executive Order 119 Extending Public Health Emergency
- Executive Order 120 Postponement of June 2nd Primary Elections until July 7th
- Executive Order 121 Allowing Greater Weight Limit for Vehicles Carrying COVID-19 Relief Supplies
- Executive Order 122 Cease All Non-Essential Construction Projects and Imposes Additional Mitigation Requirements on Essential Retail Businesses and Industries
- Executive Order 123 Extending Insurance Premium Grace Periods
- Executive Order 124 Grants Temporary Reprieve to Certain At-Risk Inmates
- Center for Disease Control
- New Jersey Office of Emergency Management
- New Jersey Department of Health
- CDC - Main COVID-19 Website
- World Health Organization
- Johns Hopkins - Case Tracker
- The White House
- Department of Homeland Security
- Hunterdon County Health Department
- Hunterdon Health Care Update Video
- CDC Guide on Cloth Face Coverings
- Hunterdon County Health Dept Video "Coronavirus: Awareness, Not Fear"
Combating Coronavirus Fraud Hotline
A hotline has been established to assist in combating Coronavirus Fraud as well as Hoarding and Price Gouging: National Center for Disaster Fraud Hotline 866-720-5721 or email@example.com
I just wanted to take a minute to update you on the status of theTewksbury Township Government. Police, Fire, and Rescue services will continue to operate as normal. Our DPW will also continue to operate with some very minor modifications. Our Township Administrative offices are currently closed to the public, but we are continuing with our normal service where they can feasibly be delivered. If anyone has any specific concerns regarding the COVID-19 virus, please contact the following websites or your local healthcare provide.
I am confident that as a resident of Tewksbury Township, we can weather this current setback and look forward to better days ahead. In the interm, if anyone has any questions, please feel free to reach out to me at 908-310-1703.
Township of Tewksbury Mayor
439-0022 (730) firstname.lastname@example.org
Beginning at 1:00 PM on March 17, 2020 the following regulations will go into effect:
1) The Township of Tewksbury, and each department, division, bureau or section thereof, shall continue normal operations with the emergency modifications as herein mandated.
2) The Municipal Offices of the Township of Tewksbury shall operate on a staff-only basis and shall be closed to the general public. Those seeking to conduct business with the Township are encouraged to communicate with the relevant department or municipal government head on how to proceed. Each department will continue its operations to serve the needs of the Township residents and will be available by phone or email. Appointments with relevant staff can be requested and shall be considered on an individual basis and scheduled at the discretion of the appropriate department head.
3) Until further notice, al l building inspections under the jurisdiction of the Construction Office shall generally be limited to exterior inspections, vacant building inspections, inspections for properties presently under construction, and inspections pending or anticipated real estate transactions, with all such inspections to be conducted at the absolute discretion of the Construction Official.
4) The regular meetings of the Tewksbury Township Committee will be conducted as currently scheduled, subject to further consultation with local and state health officials. Seating arrangements shall be in accordance with current social distancing practices.
5) The meetings of all other boards, committees, and commissions of the Township of Tewksbury shall be cancelled until further notice.
6) All Tewksbury Township parks will remain open for non-group recreation activities, such as walking, running, and walking of animals; with family members, household members, or romantic partners. All while maintaining social distancing by remaining at least six (6) feet away from one another. However, if we find that keeping the parks open results in group gatherings or other violations of the Governors Executive Orders, we will have no choice but to close all public access to the parks. A list of our Township Parks can be found at: https://www.tewksburytwp.net/…/parks_and_recreati…/index.php
(The above link also lists Cold Brook Preserve which is a County Park and is closed)
Defendants may continue to make payments for parking and traffic matters through the municipal court's online payment website at NJMCdirect.com
Defendants may also continue to mail in payments but be advised that court staff may have limited access to the court office to process those payments.
To contact the Tewksbury Municipal Court office by phone please call 908-832-7684
The regulations will remain in effect until the local state of emergency is rescinded.
The Tewksbury Township Police Department (TTPD) and Office of Emergency Management have been working with Township Administrator Barberio and Mayor Melick on the COVID-19 situation. Here are a few important points we would like to let our residents know regarding it:
1. Our number one priority is and will continue to be the safety of our residents. Our police officers will continue to provide the highest level of service to the township. However, the TTPD along with many other first responder agencies have modified and adapted their response to certain calls for the protection of the public and our officers. This may include additional personal protective equipment or modified response so please do not be alarmed if you encounter it.
If you need Police assistance do not hesitate to call.
If you have an emergency please call 9-1-1.
2. In order to minimize possible exposure to and the spread of the virus to the public and the employees of Tewksbury Township we encourage that any/all general inquiries by made via phone and not in person. Should you require a report taken or a copy of report/paperwork we ask that you call the respective department during business hours for arrangements to be made for you to minimize exposure for all.
4. No agencies are going door-to-door to conduct COVID-19 related surveillance. Do not speak to anyone claiming to be from the CDC or let them into your home. If someone does come to your home making such a claim, call TTPD so we can respond and verify their identity.
5. The TTPD will continue to provide our property check service. If you are going to be away, call our dispatch center to set up a property check.
6. Our senior population is the most at risk, especially those that have a pre-existing respiratory illness. If you know of someone who may need any type of assistance, please reach out to us and let us know. We can get them in contact with the appropriate services/assistance if needed and check in with them.
7. We encourage all to sign up for NIXLE alerts from Tewksbury Township. You can do so by texting 07830 to 888777, or by going to https://local.nixle.com/signup/widget/i/736
8. Rumors & misinformation can only make this situation worse. Please refer to the CDC, NJ Department of Health, the Hunterdon County Department of Health or the Tewksbury Township Website for the most up to date and accurate information.
9. Watch the below informational video from Hunterdon County Health Department Director Karen DeMarco – “Coronavirus: Awareness, Not Fear”
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to affect the United States and New Jersey, we want to advise you that the Tewksbury Township Police and Administration is actively monitoring the situation. In these uncertain times, our top priority is to safeguard our employees and the residents we serve. We will continue to update and revise as conditions, knowledge and recommendations are changing daily.
We will continue to work with and monitor this evolving situation along with our township, county, state, and federal partners; and we will post updates to keep you informed as new information is made available to us