Amended May 19, 2020
1) The Township of Tewksbury, and each department, division, bureau or section thereof, shall continue normal operations with the emergency modifications as herein mandated.
2) The Municipal Offices of the Township of Tewksbury shall operate on a staff-only basis and shall be closed to the general public. Those seeking to conduct business with the Township are encouraged to communicate with the relevant department or municipal government head on how to proceed. Each department will continue its operations to serve the needs of the Township residents and will be available by phone or email. Appointments with relevant staff can be requested and shall be considered on an individual basis and scheduled at the discretion of the appropriate department head. All visitors to the Municipal Offices shall wear a face covering except where doing so would inhibit that individuals health or where the individual is under two years of age.
3) Until further notice, all building inspections under the jurisdiction of the Construction Office shall generally be limited to exterior inspections, vacant building inspections, inspections for properties presently under construction, and inspections pending or anticipated real estate transactions, with all such inspections to be conducted at the absolute discretion of the Construction Official.
4) The regular meetings of the Tewksbury Township Committee will be conducted virtually as currently scheduled, subject to further consultation with local and state health officials.
5) The meetings of all other boards, committees, and commissions of the Township of Tewksbury can conduct virtual meetings, all in-person meetings are cancelled until further notice.
6) All parks and open space under the operation and control of the Township of Tewksbury shall remain open but are restricted to groups of ten (10) or less individuals congregating jointly for the purpose of recreation until further notice. Recreation fields, play ground equipment, and restrooms are closed. All organized or contact sports are prohibited. Members of the public must practice social distancing including staying six feet apart whenever practicable, excluding immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners. All visitors are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings in any settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, except where doing so would inhibit that individual’s health or where the individual is under two years of age.
7) In compliance with the order of the Administrative Office of the Courts, the Municipal Court of the Township of Tewksbury shall suspend all in person Municipal Court sessions and conduct virtual court sessions until directed otherwise by the Administrative Office of the Courts, but the administrative offices thereof shall remain in operation pursuant to the terms of this order.
8) Tewksbury Township will move to an email response system for records requested under the Open Public Records Act, N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1 et seq. Requests for physical copies of records will be reviewed by the Township Clerk and Township Attorney.